|This article is about a/an ally in Bikini Rangers Wild Thunder.|
|Hometown:||Barranquilla, Atlántico, Colombia|
|First Apperance:||In The Beginning, Part I|
|Last Full Apperance:||Thunder Struck Part II|
|Status:||Colombian actress, comedian, television host, model, and entrepreneur.|
|Number of Episode Appearances:||55 (Bikini Rangers Wild Thunder)|
Sofía Margarita Vergara is a fictional character from the universe of the franchise Bikini Rangers.
Vergara was born in Barranquilla, Colombia. on July 10, 1972. Vergara had been widely known for co-hosting two TV shows for Univisión in the late 1990s. Her TV career opened up for her a window of exposure to North American audiences prior to her first notable acting job in English, the 2003 film Chasing Papi. Subsequently, she appeared in films, including two Tyler Perry films, Meet the Browns (2008) and Madea Goes to Jail (2009), receiving an ALMA Award nomination for the latter.
Vergara currently stars on the critically acclaimed ABC series Modern Family as Gloria Delgado-Pritchett, for which she was nominated for a Golden Globe Award, a Primetime Emmy Award, and three Screen Actors Guild Awards.
 Her mother, Margarita Vergara Dávila de Vergara, is a homemaker, and her father, Julio Enrique Vergara Robayo, produced cattle for the meat industry. "Toti" was the nickname given to Vergara by her five brothers and sisters and many cousins, including television news anchor and reporter Carlos Vergara. She grew up in her hometown of Barranquilla and was raised as a devout Catholic in a well-off family, attending a private bilingual Spanish/English school.
Vergara was discovered by a photographer while walking on a Colombian beach. Soon she was presented with attractive offers in modeling and television work, and she considered accepting them despite being raised both conservatively and religiously. According to an article in the January 2002 issue of Maxim, Vergara was "apprehensive about doing her first television commercial—until her Catholic schoolteachers gave her their personal permission to take the assignment." Vergara made her first appearance as a performer at the age of 17 in a Pepsi commercial that was widely broadcast in Latin America. In order to support her son, mother, and younger siblings who needed her financial support in the absence of her father, who had left the family, Vergara dropped out of college to earn an income.
Vergara moved to Bogotá, Colombia, at the age of 20, where she worked as a runway model and on television. From 1995 to 1998, she was co-host with Fernando Fiore on Fuera de serie ("Out of the Ordinary" or "Over-the-Top"), a travel series that sent her to exotic places around the world. It was telecast on the international Univisión Spanish-language television network, and it made her a star in the Latin American market. It also gave Vergara television exposure in the United States via the Univisión stations there. She co-hosted the Univisión show A que no te atreves ("I Dare You"). She appeared as a guest star in the season-four opening of the HBO series Entourage.
Besides runway and catalog modeling work, Vergara did independent projects. She was photographed for posters and swimsuit calendars in 1998, 2000, and 2002. Sofía with her co-star Ed O'Neill.Vergara is 1.70 m (5 ft 7 in) tall, and she has naturally blonde hair (for movies and television, she is sometimes asked to color it brunette to make her look more stereotypically Latina). Vergara was under an exclusive television contract with Univision for several years, and after it expired she accepted a role with the ABC network in the United States. Vergara appeared on the ABC situation comedies Hot Properties and The Knights of Prosperity. She currently stars on the ABC sitcom Modern Family as Gloria Delgado-Pritchett, for which she was nominated for the 2010 Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series along with a Golden Globe Award, and three Screen Actors Guild Awards nominations.
Vergara plays Alicia Oviedo in the television show Amas de Casa Desesperadas, the Colombian version of Desperate Housewives. Her character is essentially the Colombian counterpart to the Mary Alice Young character in the American show. She also appeared on the ABC drama Dirty Sexy Money as Jeremy Darling's love interest. Vergara has made guest appearances in the Mexican telenovela Fuego En La Sangre.
In April 2011, Vergara debuted in a Diet Pepsi commercial with David Beckham. Diet Pepsi's marketing director has said that Pepsi has formalized its relationship with Vergara, but it is not known when or where follow-up commercials will air.
After her divorce, Vergara studied pre-dentistry at a university in Colombia for three years. Then, many opportunities arose to work in modeling and in show business, and Vergara decided to pursue these in Latin America, leaving two semesters shy of graduating from dental school. Soon she decided to move to Miami, Florida, to take advantage of opportunities and to move away from unrest in Colombia (her older brother had been murdered in 1998 during an attempt to kidnap him). She brought her son, mother and sister with her. Her sister, Sandra, is now a minor movie and television actress in the United States.
It has been announced that Modern Family star Sofia Vergara will host SNL on April 7th with musical guesSNL on April 7th with musical guest One Direction
- ^ a b c Francis Rodríguez (2008-03-21). "Sofía Vergara stars in "Meet The Browns," strives for a lead role". New York Daily News. http://www.nydailynews.com/latino/2008/03/21/2008-03-21_sofa_vergara_stars_in_meet_the_browns_st.html. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- ^ a b c "Sofia Vergara: Craig David hopes his sexy ex marries Tom Cruise". Sunday Mirror. 2005-03-20. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_/ai_n13460214. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- ^ a b c d Luaine Lee (2006-12-31). "Sofia Vergara gets a role she can sink her perfect teeth into". The Free Lance–Star. http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2006/122006/12312006/246805. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- ^ Dolen, Christine (2009-05-25). "Tropical Life". Miami Herald. http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=MH&s_site=miami&p_multi=MH&p_theme=realcities&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=129A7581471A5FE8&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM. Retrieved 2010-03-30.
- ^ "Sofía Vergara: Duelo en Navidad". Diario las Américas. 2009-12-26. http://www.diariolasamericas.com/news.php?nid=91194. Retrieved 2010-03-29.
- ^ a b c Kathleen Mascarenas (March 2008). "Inside Sofia Vergara's Perfect World". Latino Future. http://latinofuture.com/Entetainment/FilmTV/SofiaVergara/SofiaVergaraFullArticle/tabid/1212/Default.aspx. Retrieved 2008-10-28. [dead link]
- ^ Sofia Vergara in Maxim magazine
- ^ Wilson Morales (2005-08-05). "Four Brothers: An Interview with Sofia Vergara". blackfilm.com. http://www.blackfilm.com/20050805/features/sofiavergara.shtml. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- ^ "5 Things to Know About Sofia Vergara". People. 2009-11-04. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20317432,00.html. Retrieved 2010-05-01.
- ^ Tonisha Johnson (2006). "Four Brothers: An Interview with Sofia Vergara". Gesica magazine. http://www.blackfilm.com/20050805/features/sofiavergara.shtml. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- ^ Sofia Vergara's sister cast in 'Fright Night'
- ^ Fernandez, Jay A. (March 28, 2010). "Sofia Vergara joins 'Smurfs' (exclusive)". Heatvision. The Hollywood Insider. http://www.heatvisionblog.com/2010/03/sofia-vergara-joins-smurfs-exclusive.html. Retrieved March 29, 2010.
- ^ Lea Michele and Zac Efron's 'New Year's Eve' Plans
Bikini Rangers Wild Thunder
To Be Added
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Sofía Vergara|
- Real Sofía Vergara at Wikipedia
- Princess Shayla, her counterpart in Power Rangers Wild Force
- Tetomu - Super Sentai counterpart in Gaoranger.
- Murasaki - Super Sentai counterpart in Gaoranger.